[NTLK] Mess Card

From: Gregory J. Wayman (gwayman_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 12:02:11 EDT

Hi Gang,

I was browsing Mike Jones Page on Messaging Cards,
http://newtonos1.webjump.com/newton_messaging_card.html

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work on a 2000?
After a couple of failed attempts at installing what I was told was the
correct packages,
I finally found some that the Newt would except without the error
message.

When the card is inserted it goes through a few checking procedures then
it says via a dialog box
"An error has occurred. The last operation failed. You may retry this
operation."

I figure it is one of several things........

The card is bad.
Incompatible with OS 2.1 or the MP2000 (although Mike runs it on a
Emate)
Or simply One needs to actually sign up with a paging service to
complete the final action.

I am hesitant to do this if it is one of the other problems

Anyone?

Greg