Re: [NTLK] Issues with the SER-001

From: Paul Grothaus (pgrothaus_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 17:56:40 EDT

> If you plug a keyboard into the SER-001 AFTER power-up, it won't be
> recognised until power has been cycled.

Actually, if you plug in the dongle (with attached keyboard, serial cable or
appletalk connector) while the Newton is powered on, the keyboard, serial
cable or appletalk connection is not recognized. You have to power the
newton off, then plug in the dongle. At least this behavior is true of my
Newton. So there is really no difference with the SER-001. By the way Dave,
I just received mine yesterday, hope to install it tonight. Thanks.

Aloha,
Paul Grothaus