Re: [NTLK] How to: make an international English MP2x00 <deutsch>?

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 14:15:48 EDT

on 30-06-2001 9:09, Felix Arndt at F.Arndt_at_GMX.net wrote:

> So I thought about getting one from overseas or wherever,
> and then changing whatever necessary to make it (i.e. the system and the
> Apps) look & feel German as much as possible.
> It should be possible via ROM Update, or so I hope.

Not possible AFAIK, but I'd love to be proven wrong on this one, there is
software from Paul Guyot
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/dicts_and_kits/
that turns a 2.1 device into a French machine, maybe this could be done with
German too ?

> I heard that even the eMates (never planned for Germany, shame) can be
> "Germanized" -- even harder, since you have to change the keyboard layout!

 Don't get this part, apart from a German dictionary, what do you neew in an
eMate, don't you use QWERTY keyboards in Germany ?

Robert Benschop