Re: [NTLK] A couple of questions

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 01:55:41 EST

on 29/12/01 19:51, James Elliott at rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> A guy asked me a few questions, and I was unable to answer a couple. Here
> they are for you guys:
>
>> And finally: I f I want to use my own transformer to run it from the mains
>> do you know what the output should be in miliamperes
>> and what is the voltage.
>> Oh yes? do you know where I can get a spare tip for the pen?
> He is looking for the tip to the collapsible 120 stylus.
>
> Kindly respond to the list and Cc it to robert_at_robleeuk.dabsol.co.uk, for
> it was he who asked me.

He needs a 9W 500 mA. I've never heard of any tip for the collapsible 1x0
stylus...

-Laurent.

C++ /C'-pluhs-pluhs/ n.: Designed by Bjarne Stroustrup of AT&T Bell Labs as a successor to C. Now one of the languages of choice, although many hackers still grumble that it is the successor to either Algol 68 or Ada (depending on generation), and a prime example of second-system effect. Almost anything that can be done in any language can be done in C++, but it requires a language lawyer to know what is and what is not legal-- the design is almost too large to hold in even hackers' heads. Much of the cruft results from C++'s attempt to be backward compatible with C. Stroustrup himself has said in his retrospective book "The Design and Evolution of C++" (p. 207), "Within C++, there is a much smaller and cleaner language struggling to get out." [Many hackers would now add "Yes, and it's called Java" --ESR]