Re: [NTLK] YAZI

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 01:05:09 EST

>On 12/30/01 @ 7:29 AM Michael Hurley wrote:
>
>OK, first off, YAZI is not a Yatzi game. It's Yet Another Z-code
>Interpreter. Long ages past, there was InfoCom. The wonderful elves
>there created the best computer games ever. You had to use your
>brain, good grammar, and lots of creativity to get anywhere in them,
>and there were no graphics at all! Only your own imagination. These
>games were coded in a mystical language called Z and required an
>interpreter to be played. Life was good, but you had to watch out for
>the Grue!

So true.

I remember playing D&D type game on a mainframe in the 70's.

Output was via a terminal with paper -- no monitors back then.

Then we upgraded and had a few real monitors -- text only mind you. We
thought we were in hog heaven back then! :-)

Our were the size of small washing machines, had 12 platters, with 22
readable sides, for a total of 2.5 MB! The heads actually flew above the
disks -- Back when a Hard Disk crash really had meaning and shrapnel (as
in parts of the hard drive stuck into the walls) in a case or two. :-)

Memory was core then changed to solid state, sort of...

And tape backups...

Oops, going down that memory lane...sorry...

Sushi