[NTLK] [ANN] NewtonBook in Low German

From: C.W. Otto Sohn (oky_at_avalon.net)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 12:49:17 EST

Quick announcement (of little interest for most NTLK readers):

I've created a (OS 2.1) NewtonBook of this fairytale: "Von dem Fischer un
syner Fru" - a book entirely in Low German.
This is a NewtonBook in greyscale and portrait orientation for the MP 2x00
(and the eMate). It is entirely in Platt (Low German) and set in the old
German typeface, which is commonly called "Gothic" in English speaking
countries.
The text is the version told by the German Romantic painter Philipp Otto
Runge with illustrations by Marcus Behmer, who, in the 1920's, was an
artist in his own right.
Because the original book is so well designed and illustrated, I decided to
make this into a NewtonBook using only scanned images of the original
pages. Therefore the book is rather large (almost 900 KB).
You can download it from my website.

Otto

*****
Otto Sohn <http://newted.dyndns.org/users/osohn/>