Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #437

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 10:09:44 EST

> Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:11:14 -0600
> From: "W. B. Davis" <newton_at_mail.ecity.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Airport, where are we at?
>
> in months. There is a driver from a gentleman in Japan that sort of
> worked for a few people, but it's far from ready for prime time. It
> doesn't work on my Newton 2100 with either my WaveLAN or Orinoco cards
> that work fine in my PowerBook G3/250, for example.

This driver *reconizes* my Lucent Tech. WaveLan Card and sets AppleTalk to
use it, but it does not find the iBook. According to the programmer, it
might work if I downgrade my AirPort software to 1.2, but I did not find
this version yet.
I hope I find the time to dig it out of the net next week, but would also be
glad if sbd. could point me to it. Maybe it's easily available via Apple, I
just had no time to check.

Regards,

Oliver :)

--
Frisch und drahtlos aus Olivers iceBook 600
        *AirPort**AirPort**AirPort*