Re: [NTLK] email on an eMate

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 02:46:35 EST

on 27/12/01 16:43, David Golden at ikondave_at_charter.net wrote:

> I just purchased an eMate and have been unable to access my email account.
> I'm using the same Megahertz CruiseCard that I used for several years,
> without a hitch, on my MP 2100. When I initiate the receive order in
> SimpleMail, the dialog box shows that I'm connecting and dialing my ISP's
> number (I hear the dialing occur), but then nothing. No error messages, no
> nothing. The dialog box disappears with no indication that anything has
> taken place. I have gone over the setups several times, but the results are
> the same. Is there something inherently different in the eMate set up
> process that I'm missing. TIA

Are you using NIE? If so, maybe the internet setup on your eMate isn't the
same than on your 2100?

-Laurent.

bytesexual /bi:t`sek'shu-*l/ adj.: [rare] Said of hardware, denotes willingness to compute or pass data in either big-endian or little-endian format (depending, presumably, on a mode bit somewhere). See also NUXI problem.