Re: [NTLK] O.k. I'm going to grovel

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 11:02:17 EST

On 21/12/01 09:31, "Jon Glass" <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:

> on 12/21/01 2:52 PM, Peter Andrews at pandrew3_at_bigpond.net.au wrote:
>
>> So my advise as an administrator is just go on vacation, leave your reader
>> as it is now. And when you come back everyone will still be on speaking
>> terms with you.
>>
>> PeterA
>>

>> P.S. Stupid question, How does one set vacation mode?
>
> Er. That wasn't what he meant. He meant how do you set this list to vacation
> mode. :-) You do that by sending an email to <listar_at_newtontalk.net> with
> the subject "set vacation" This will set you to get no mail from the list,
> but you can still post. You could also unsubscribe, but that seems so final.
> :-) HTH

I usually use 'set newtontalk vacation' and it has been working fine for me
since the list moved over to Victor. When I want to resume my subscription,
I just send to listar 'unset newtontalk vacation'.

-Laurent.

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the
communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the
company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see
themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt
this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the
Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages
on the Web.