[NTLK] SER-001+ Update

From: PCBman (pcbman_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 19:58:26 EST

 Hi All,

I just wanted to inform you that I am currently working on a solution for
the
serial port/IR/etc.
The SER-001+ will have a speed control that will automagically change the
clock on the fly when serial comms are initiated. This is still in
development,
so don't expect it next week!
If it works, you will have the best of both worlds - an accelerated newt
AND a serial port replacement - WOW! All this with no user intervention and
considerably cheaper than the SER-001 and pix solution board combined!
DOUBLE WOW!

ok - deep breath - If I am not successful, the SER-001 in its' original form
(including
enhancements taken from users feedback) will be available around 1Q next
year.

An announcement here and on my website:

http://www.members.tripod.com/mrpcbman/

will be posted when you can buy one (or several - thanks Woo!)

In the meantime, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year.

David Humphreys (PCBman)