Re: [NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0b11

From: Ron Schemen (newton_at_schemen.net)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 14:21:00 EST

I run into the same issue.
I uninstalled ATAB10 prior to installing ATAB11.
After the error(0) after the partitioning I selected erase and it
comes back with one of the errors Thomas listed, although mine all
start with 216xxxxxx. It goes into and loop from which I cannot break
free except rebooting the Newton or just ejecting the card forcing
  a reboot.
Tapping the extention says it is version 1.11B in the bottom right corner.
My PB1400 can still initialize and use the CF card.
My HP camera says it needs reformatting, I select format and it comes
back with the replay that it needs formatting ad infinitum..
After partinioning it with the Apple diskinstaller, the camera still
behaved the same and ATASupport said that the card is write protected.
I reinserted the card in the MP and ATA said it has no partitions, so
I partioned the card. During the partioning it came with an error(0)
at about 65% and locks up the MP. So I pushed the reset button.
I removed my farallon card and froze its driver, the nie ethernet and
devices extention and rebooted with the CFcard removed. Same effect.
My WinCE device could format and use the card without problems.
The camera still says it needs formatting but the powerbook says it
is a 10MB PC formatted card... Now back to the newt, the card passes
the format, but fails the formatting. I copied the card with 10MB of
apps on the powerbook and was able to run the apps from it without
issues, so the card itself is still fine

Do you have a debug version so I can get info what goes wrong ?

Ron

|------| ||----|| Newton never dies, || || it just gets new batteries. || || ||----|| http://newton.schemen.net/ |MP2100| http://haplo.xs4all.nl:8080/ |------|