Re: [NTLK] More Screen Problems

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 21:30:12 EST

on 18/12/01 18:13, Robert Downs at rkadowns_at_mac.com wrote:

> Hello Gang,
>
> I am having two issues that I am not sure if I should be concerned about.
>
> 1) I can be as precise as humanly possible when aligning my pen and yet
> as I write further down the screen the ink becomes more and more
> misaligned. I know that changes in ambient temps can alter the
> alignment somewhat, but this is pretty exaggerated. Not unusable, just
> annoying. Is this a problem that occurs with UMP2K's over time?
>
> 2) When adjusting the contrast, I can move the slider to where I
> approve of the contrast setting but as soon as I lift the pen the
> contrast changes to a degree that the screen will become almost
> unreadable. Never has it gone dark, but light. Then, if I tap the pen
> on the screen after lifting it the first time after setting the
> contrast, the contrast will return back to where you originally set it.
> I really don't think this is normal characteristic. Any suggestions?

It looks as if your UMP2000 is starting to suffer from the "jaggies". Check
in the FAQ for something like that. If you can't find anything, then I'll
give you my take for the nth time about it ;-)

-Laurent.

COBOL /koh'bol/ n.: [COmmon Business-Oriented Language] (Synonymous with evil.) A weak, verbose, and flabby language used by card wallopers to do boring mindless things on dinosaur mainframes. Hackers believe that all COBOL programmers are suits or code grinders, and no self-respecting hacker will ever admit to having learned the language. Its very name is seldom uttered without ritual expressions of disgust or horror. One popular one is Edsger W. Dijkstra's famous observation that "The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."