Re: [NTLK] Eclipse??

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 16:58:29 EST

It worked just fine on my 2.0 120. I first switched it on during
Minority Studies at school today and saw it. I am in Ohio and I have
no clue where the eclipse is. Am I in an area that will see it or
should have seen it?
As for Dates, I have never had that problem. It always switches over.

-James

>Yes, the 130 is 2.0 and yes it (and upgraded 120's) OUGHT to see the eclipse
>and NO it won't be seen on a 2.1 Newt. The question is: Why didn't it
>appear for me today (there's, I believe, an annular solar eclipse today) on
>MY 130?? Is there some magic to get it to appear? (Mine just started right
>back into Dates, where I'd left it when I powered down the night before.)
>{Which reminds me... why is Dates always still on the preceding day unless
>there's a meeting on the new day? It irritates me to have to keep hitting
>"Today" every morning when I first turn the Newt on.}
>
>The other possibility mentioned is that the Easter Egg is smart enough to
>try and determine whether the eclipse is actually visible from your
>location.
>
>Inquiring minds want to know. Or if not those, at least there's folks here
>that might want to know.
>
>- Eric.

The James Elliott Newton Site:
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/newton.html
Coming this weekend: The Sharp ExpertPad Upgrade Project