Re: [NTLK] Apple Repair SUCKS

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 10:43:47 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 12/13/01 10:17 AM, the entity known as Ben
Smith (QM Systems) at ben.smith_at_qm-systems.com conveyed the following:

> Sorry, I could not remember which Macs used S/W modems, but it proves
> my point - Apple used software modems long before the dreaded
> 'Winmodem'.

Not being a Windoze user, I know nothing about this Winmodem thing. But...
The Geoport s/w always worked like a charm for me on my 660av. The only
reason I stopped using it was that Apple stopped development when the
capability was only at 28.8 speed.

What I wonder is, do the current crop of modems in Macs allow telephony in
addition to fax & data?? That was always one of the neat things, the free
version of Megaphone.

- Eric.