Re: [NTLK] [OT] best web cam for use with a Mac

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 13:33:23 EST

For cameras, if you have a video in card already (like the old ATI XClaimVR
or one of the newer models) and have RCA video input capability for your
mac, there's a NEAT little mini-cam from Pixera- the Picolo PXG-150N-PH.
The body is 2"x1" and has a nice little rotating base that you stick on
your monitor or whatever, and it comes with a few base plates so you can
move it around if you want.

$29 from www.computergeeks.com, RCA video output, wall wart for power (I
already had the XClaimVR). Great for video conferencing, the only issue I
have is that if you don't have a fair amount of light in the room you get
more of a sepia tone to the picture than some other cams I've used
(quickcams mostly). I don't see it on the computergeeks web site at this
time but I like it a lot. I'm thinking, stocking-stuffer.

I'm happy enough with the cute little thing I'll even post to the whole
list. Especially as the owner of a serial port Mac, there just isn't that
much out there that I could use- everything is USB and a bit more money as
well (you can find the XClaim VR card pretty cheaply these days as well if
you don't have something already).