Re: [NTLK] Password Generator

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 01:29:13 EST

Cool Tool! Thanks...can't wait to use it...
Here are some thoughts that I had stirring in my mind.
Have the generator link to GeekSafe (that's what the
Newt is good at, right? Connecting to other
applications!)
and allow storage directly into GeekSafe. Then have
GeekSafe create a database of generated passwords to
help prevent any duplicates based on Microsoft's best
practices on Security. (no duplicate passwords for 24
password changes...minimum) This way one can be
guaranteed that a unique password is generated for
everything!
Then how about a selectable seed? Say I want to have a
password based on my tag line:
"Ed
web/gadget guru"
Utilizing some common \/\/@r3z speak, based off of a
seed, makes the password easier to remember!
Just a brain dump here...can't wait to try what you
created!
Ed
web/gadget guru
--- Stephanie Maks <steph_at_maksystems.com> wrote:

> I've just put up a first version of that program.
> It generates random
> strings, from 4 to 18 characters long. You can
> select Upper case, lower
> case, numeric or symbols, and any combination of
> them.
>
> It's free, and comments are welcome, though it's
> only my second newton
> program and as such, may be buggy.
>
> You can download it at:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/va3uxb/FileSharing1.html