Re: [NTLK] New GPS Software found?

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 07:05:39 EST

Am 9.12.2001 8:16 Uhr schrieb "Sushi" unter <Sushi_at_ragingbull.com>:
> In the military we use the Universal Transverse Mercator projection and
> grid system, or UTM for short.
> A great benefit to this system is that all coordinates are positive
> numbers, there are no East-West or North-South designations, and a built
> in check to correct the coordinates.
I didn't know this, thanks Sushi for that info.

> Now for my question, wasn't there at one time a PC Card based GPS
> receiver for the Newt? I've been looking in some old files but can't
> seem to find the info. Anyone have or use one of these?
GPSmap lite documentation says: ...supporting Centennial PCMCIA SatNav GPS
Card (both binary and NMEA versions). Also the full version of GPSmap will
support this PCMCIA GPS. I got an external receiver only :-/

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG