Re: [NTLK] Connect to Notable! via Ethernet?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 16:06:33 EST

on 08/12/01 14:35, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:

>> Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 11:05:28 -0500
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Connect to Notable! via Ethernet?
>> From: Laurent Daudelin <nemesys_at_cox.rr.com>
>>

>> on 08/12/01 09:38, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to let Notable! connect via Ethernet?
>>>
>>> Using serial would mean to fire up the Wallstreet each time I want to use
>>> Notable!, then move the results to the iBook, and vice versa...
>>
>> Or get a Keyspan adapter...
>>
>> -Laurent.
>
> Obviously ;)
> This would eat money and comfort, and I don't think I would need the adaptor
> for anything else.
> The RCU 2.2 on the Newt has this promising "connect using" chooser, why
> should one have that without a possible extension...

Hmmm, OK, then maybe having to pull your near 8 pound Wallstreet everytime
you want to transfer a file is "comfort" or will make you comfortable...

-Laurent.

Brooks's Law prov.: "Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later" -- a result of the fact that the expected advantage from splitting development work among N programmers is O(N) (that is, proportional to N), but the complexity and communications cost associated with coordinating and then merging their work is O(N^2) (that is, proportional to the square of N). The quote is from Fred Brooks, a manager of IBM's OS/360 project and author of "The Mythical Man-Month" (Addison-Wesley, 1975, ISBN 0-201-00650-2), an excellent early book on software engineering.