[NTLK] Re - MP Advice

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 01:33:52 EST

>> So at the very
>> least I'd want to look for a 120 if I was going to move up
>> into the "real world" of Newton using OS 2.0....

> You might as well start with an MP130 :) That unit has enough heap to
send
> and recieve emails via modem and PPP, which is something you really cannot
> do in a practical manner on an MP120 (even if if is 2.0, the heap ram is
> too little).

The down side on 130's is that these things seem to die frequently and on a
regular basis. By now I don't recommend anyone to buy a 130 although
backlight
and more heap are definitely nice to have. Depending on what you plan to do,
an os 2.0 120 might be sufficient and cheap. For "real" work, like entering
more like a couple of words of text fast, you'd be better off with a MP2000
I think.

Frank

Newton software and hardware stuff at www.pda-soft.de