Re: [NTLK] Trouble Still with Pocket Quicken%26In-Reply-To=%26lt;B8325369.400D%jonglass@usa.net>

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 02:47:46 EST

on 12/7/01 12:57 AM, Owen Strawn at owenstrawn_at_kscable.com wrote:

> Now I've got an upgraded 2000 and I installed PQ 1.2r2 (from UNNA). I
> put PQC (also from UNNA) on my Mac 7200/90
> where I am also running Quicken 98. PQC runs fine on serial, but I don't
> see any other options, and I see in the Guide
> that you can't use PQC over a port that is on LocalTalk.

PQC is serial only. That said, it does a decent job over serial. I do it
through a Keyspan USB adapter, and have no complaint re: speed or
reliability. If you use ethernet for everything, leaving a serial cable
hanging out of your printer or modem port shouldn't be a big deal...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland