Re: [NTLK] eMate display cable repair

From: Josh Burker (senorwences_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 21:24:57 EST

On Thursday, December 6, 2001, at 04:45 PM, Joel M. Sciamma wrote:

> There is n=
> need to abandon the machine for this reason as just placing a small
> washer
> under the screw will retain the spring well enough to restore complete
> articulation to the screen and never allow it to come out again. This
> is th=
> easy part...

Hey Joel:

I'm a bit confused about where exactly to place this screw. I'm about
to embark in an education experiment with 30 eMates and I've had this
problem with them in the past. I wanted to be very proactive and go
after the eMates that have the stiff hinge effect that proceeds actually
piercing the cable.

Could you better describe where to place the washer?

Thanks,

Josh