[NTLK] [ANN] NIE Patch v1

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 18:18:34 EST

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce NIE Patch v1. This is an open source project
aiming at fixing bugs in NIE.

This first release fixes a bug in the DNS cache management. It should
work with NIE 2.0, please relate any experience with NIE 1.x.

The bug is the following: the expiration date is computed by adding
the TTL in seconds to the current time in minutes, and therefore, DNS
cache entries expired 60 times later.

Package, documentation and source code can be found on my website:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/rustines/

NIE Patch is released under the Kallisys Reflexive License draft 3.

I'm also the author of two patches you'll find on the same page. A
patch for NewtWorks fixing a bad memory leak and the 710031 system
udpate fixing a problem in the Dates application.

Regards,

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/