Re: [NTLK] PADD thoughts

From: Apostolos Koutropoulos (admiralak_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 23:13:43 EST

lol someone has a lot of time on their hands ;)

A thing I would like to reflect on:

quore:
6) A PADD has dimensions of 10x15x1 centimeter and a total
memory capacity of
4.3 kiloquads (that is, 4.3 times the total information
stored on Earth)
----------

Now is the above JUST the digitized info, or is that all
info that ever was ? If it is all info that ever was the
info seems like a low estimate. One kiloquad doesnt seem
like ample storage for:

1) All books ever writen (and I do mean ALL) in every
language
2) All audio songs/recordings ever produced/existed around
teh world
3) All computer programs (OSes and apps) that were ever
made for all platforms
4) All broadcasts and movies ever made (film strip, 8mm,
16mm, 32mm VHS, beta, SVHS, VHS-C, DVD, 3/4", VCD, SVCD and
whatever other video format) globally --> In high
definition format, like DVD.
5) All spoken tradiotions globally
6) All scientific knowledge in every language out there.
7) All web sites that ever existed with all their updates.
8) All technical knowledge, schematics, diagrams, and
how-to's
9) All the rest I could probably mention but cant at the
moment :p

AK

=====
----DJ AdmiralClub Admiralty 2001http://www.club-admiralty.com