Re: [NTLK] Printers over Appletalk

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 09:32:27 EDT

on 31/08/01 00:02, Malawi, Hilal at hmalawi_at_bechtel.com wrote:

> ok, i'm interested (are we talking stylewriters here?). i have a 2500 with
> the localtalk module, as well as a LW320. the 2500 doesn't even show up in
> the list of available network printers. how do you do it?
>
>> ----------

AFAIK, only PostScript printers will show up when you select a network
printer. When you select the printer, the popup menu specifically says
"Choose Network LaserWriter". So, even though I also have a 2400 with the
AppleTalk module, I don't think you'll be able to print to it. You would
have to connect it directly to your Newton.

Sorry...

-Laurent.

bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook