Re: [NTLK] voice recognition Newton

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 11:28:01 EDT

>>on 29/08/01 10:28, Mark Rollins at mark_at_mrollins.com wrote:
>>
>>Last millennium Dragon Systems (of Dragon Dictate fame) demo'ed a
>>limited speech to text app (yes, that's "speech to text", not the other
>>way 'round) for the MP2000/2100.
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>Stay tuned, same Newt-time, same Newt-channel (wow does that take me back!)
>
>on 8/29/01 11:38 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
>Wow, Mark! If you are really able to pull this thing, you would be seriously
>considered as being nominated for the "Newton Person of the Year"!!!!!
>
>Go ahead! That would be awesome, imagine the expressions of your co-workers
>and friends using their Palm, when you would just tell your Newton:
>
>"Schedule appointment with John Doe at 2pm" and have the appointment
>automatically entered.
>
>Or "Dial John Doe home number" and have your Newton playing the dialing
>tones next to your phone so the number would be automatically dialed!
>
>The possibilities are endless!

Great example Laurent.

I can see it now, when comparing text entering techniques.

So, let's see your Palm uses Graffiti. Let me see how that works. Oh, I
see cool.

Oh how does it work on my Newt? Well, I can do this using the
handwriting recognition. Or if I am in a hurry, I just tell it what to
write! :-)

Sushi