Re: [NTLK] Now Up-to-Date and NCU

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 10:19:03 EDT

on 8/29/01 6:10 AM, James Buxton at bux1234567_at_mac.com wrote:

> When I first got my MP2000 in 1998, I was using Up-to-Date 3.5 and NCU and
> the synching worked fine. I haven=B9t had a need to synchronize my Newton
> Dates with Up-to-Date since then, until now. I=B9ve since upgraded to Now
> Up-to-Date 3.6.2 and NCU can=B9t handle the translation. Is there an upgrade
> to the =B3ilxnow35.fil=B2 translator file that will allow NCU to sync Dates
> wit=
> my Up-to-Date 3.6.2 calendar?

The problem is that the Now Contact file is a proprietary format. This means
that only they know how the files are formatted. They would have to release
the information so that this could be done reliably. Since a new company
owns it, and has no desire to do this (not that I blame them) I doubt it
will happen any time soon. What you can do is export to a Now Contact 3
file, and then import it into your current and do a merge. It can get quite
sloppy, but it might work to an extent. I personally have stuck with Now
Sync. (at least until I upgraded to 4, and now I can no longer sync.)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland