Re: [NTLK] contrast slider hack

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 17:14:24 EDT

on 27/08/01 11:41, Roman Tarnovetsky at romantic_at_arvotek.net wrote:

> Dear list members,
> Some months ago, while we were still on Planet Newton's server there
> was a discussion about changing the contrast sliders performance by
> installing a hack. My slider was working fine but I thought that the
> control would be more sensitive or "improved" so I installed it. The
> visible contrast range begins at the middle of the slider with the
> hack installed. What I don't recall is how to get rid of that hack. I
> don't think it is visible as a package so I tried a hard reset. After
> the brain wipe, the system slider was restored but after restoring my
> backup files the slider hack came with it. Help..Thanks, Roman

I'm not sure it was a hack. To re-center the contrast slider with the
current setting is to double-tap the word "Contrast" below the slider in
"Extras". A little window appears and ask if you really want to re-center
the slider using the actual contrast setting. I don't remember having to
install anything to get this to work...

-Laurent.