Re: [NTLK] forcing todos to roll over

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 09:09:15 EDT

at the temporal coordinates: 8/27/01 1:37 AM, the entity known as Ed Kummel
at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com conveyed the following:

> This is just a guess, because I have never experienced
> this problem, but considering that the Newt powers up
> every morning at 3:00am, do you think that perhaps if
> this "power-up" is prevented, that certain
> house-cleaning activities such as rolling over to-do
> lists may not be done?

My experience has been (near as I can tell) that unless there's an event or
meeting on the following day, the to-do's NEVER carry forward automatically
if you leave Dates in Agenda view. Which, if you think of it, makes sense.
You've told it that you wish to look at the agenda for (say) August 27th.
Like coming in the next day and your desk calendar is still on the previous
day's page. I WISH it worked something like "view CURRENT day's agenda",
but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Now, with the whole "coming alive in the dark of night and stalking the
Earth at 3 AM" thing, perhaps what I've described isn't the problem. (And,
of course, I could also be suffering from 'pilot error' (no Palm jokes,
please).

Cheers.

- Eric.