Re: [NTLK] NEWTON & MUSIC Apps

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 07:00:28 EDT

> From: John Johnson <kamikazebear_at_excite.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] NEWTON & MUSIC Apps
>
> 1 Having recently picked up a copy of Newt Development Environment
> (courtesy of Steve Weyer and I suppose I'll get the full faq on the sound
> system handles as soon as I can stump up the registration) and, from then
> on, keyboard and screen i/o would be enough to provide the range of controls
> for the usual file control stuff and voice editing (attack, sustain and
> decay) and simple scoring: you can get most of the above from the screen
> menus if you have an early pad: it should be written to be usable throughout
> the newt range whether keyboarded or not, so we are looking for NOS 1.0
> compatibility as well as 2+!

you can get the full info on Sound system from the standard NTK docs.
(I never really had the time to rewrite/condense all of those docs for NDE)
-- so there's no need to register just to get those, though I do provide a
few sound examples (among others) to registered users: bitpiano, falsalrm,
heavymet, quack, serenade, soundadv, sndstudio, soundtrk. all are 1.x,
except serenade and sndstudio which require 2.1

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com