[NTLK] Got my SER-001

From: Ermin F. Mistica (angel316_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 02:08:31 EDT

  Hello Fellow Newtonians, I got my SER-001 ports last week and after a
fewdeep breaths worked up enough courage to unscrew the screws and pry off
the back (despite the snapping sounds). I got it installed but found that I
could only fit it in with one screw. The little washer and the longer screw
wouldn't let me close the Newton entirely. I was able to do a download and
backup and everything seems fine. Is it imperative that I use the washer and
the other screw? Were they just included for good measure like those
do-it-yourself IKEA cabinets? If I can get to fit inside the Newt I'll use
them. Any words of advise? Other than that I love that fact that I don't
haveto use that annoying dongle EVER again!!! Thanks David!!! Ermin