Re: [NTLK] MP2K battery cradle -- best place to get one?

From: Josh mac.com (senorwences_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 14:01:27 EDT

on 8/25/01 9:57 AM, Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, b|indwo|f wrote:
>
>> I have a cradle for the MP130. What is the difference between that and the
>> cradle for the MP2K. also... is there a cradle for the emate? i notice it
>> has the contacts.
>
> The biggest difference is that there is no cradle for the 2x00. At least,
> none was ever made by Apple...
>
> As for the eMate, I've never heard for a cradle either, but a week or so
> ago I stumbled across a document in Apple's (now much-maligned) Knowledge
> Archive about some kind of storage cabinet for eMates - I guess schools
> would have these. It mentioned "charging capabilities for up to 16
> eMates" or something along those lines...

They're actually nothing more, I believe, than the same carts being used
with the new Dual USB iBooks. They're metal and have a giant power strip
built into the back that would accommodate the size of the AC adapter. The
school for which I used to work had two of these carts full of eMates, and
two with PowerBook 1400 and 5300s. I saw an ad in my girlfriend's ed.
journal about the new iBooks and the same cart that I used at the school.

Josh Burker