[NTLK] wireless LAN access from an mp2k

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 10:04:25 EDT

hi gang!

i want to hook up my newt to one of the two available 802.11b cards (afaik,
there are currently two compatible cards:
- proxims range lan 2
_ lucents waveLAN.

is there any one who has tried this and can give me some buying advice? i
have so far located the following pages of interest:

http://www.proxim.com/products/rl2/7420.shtml
http://www.proxim.com/products/rl2/7410.shtml
http://www.lucent.com/products/subcategory/0,,CTID+2007-STID+10209-LOCL+1,00
.html

i have noticed that the lucent cards are linked to orinoco series cards on
the lucent website, so i wonder if anyone has succesfully conected a newton
to a wireless lan with a lucent wavelan driver. (i have access to an
orinococard, but it is not recognised by my newton)

if you can help or know where i can get the information, please help!

doppler