Re: [NTLK] Recharging Batteries in my 120

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 09:58:42 EDT

On Friday, August 24, 2001, at 09:14 AM, andy brun wrote:

> Can a mp120 recharge ni-mh batteries as well as ni-cd?
> How is the recharge cycle different on Nicads verses
> Ni-mh?

You shouldn't try to recharge NiMH batteries in a 120. At the time the
120 was introduced, NiCAD were the standard shipping rechargeable
batteries, so the internal charging circuit in the 120 was designed for
NiCADs, which have different characteristics than NiMH. Use a charger
that is designed for NiMH, buy 2 sets of NiMH so you have one set in the
charger while you're using the other set.

-Laurent.

build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook