Re: [NTLK] AW: sorry about this but... if I got a palm, are there ANY decent HWRapps for it

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 04:16:02 EDT

on 8/23/01 5:02 PM, Sushi at Sushi_at_ragingbull.com wrote:

> Say you are entering a phone number. And you make a mistake on one
> digit. On the Palm, you just make a backwards minus (dash) sign. And
> the character is deleted. Then you continue entering text.
>
> On the Newt, I have not been able to do this without the keyboard.
>
> This one feature alone, is very useful. On the Palm I learned to use it
> allot since I tended to make the wrong characters when I was in a hurry.

What I do is stiffen myself to complete the whole number or word without
stopping, or if I stop, to continue as if nothing has happened. Once the
word or number is complete, you can simpy write over the wrong number or
letter to correct it. For instance, if you wrote a 2 instead of a 5, simply
write the 5 over the 2. It will correct it, and you are done. No need to
backspace. Simply correct when you are done. The key with the Newton is to
keep writing, and fix your error when you complete the word or sentence--or
number if that's what you are writing. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams