[NTLK] OT: Word macro (Newt RTF conversion)

From: Darl Singh (darl_at_xpress.net.nz)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 00:13:05 EDT

Hi guys.
Following the "NCU and RTF' thread recently: I've been developing a small
macro for (Win) Word 97 (can also save back to 95 if necessary) that, when
run on an RTF coming from a Newt, reformats page width, etc to standard (in
my case, A4) pages and margins.

I'd like to expand this to something that, when it detects the 'bullet'
character from Newtworks or Notepad (option 8 on yr newt), formats to a
bullet in Word.
Likewise, a tab follwed by a bullet would autoformat to an indented bullet.
Anyone have any idea how to make this happen?

Any help would be appreciated: the results of this will of course be
published - either on UNNA (if appropriate) or at least via Email on
request.

-I intend to finish off with an automatic 'save as' dialogue that will
select the present folder, but auto-select 'doc' as the format - this is
relatively straightforward - just need to bone up on my VBA.

Oh - also have a pretty basic macro that formats to (MP2K portrait) sizes,
for making books, etc - available now if anyone wants it...

Tx
-Darl