Re: [NTLK] emate: nearing the end of the saga! Please Help!

From: b|indwo|f (blindwolf_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 16:25:01 EDT

For those of you have been following, I have had great difficulty getting a
voltmeter so I cannot test to move to the final stages... It is about to be
a moot point.

The USPS has told me that in order to recieve an insurance settlement, they
require keeping the unit. However, they do not require the upgrade chips.
Therefore, I need to know, besides the two evident chips under the cover in
front of the battery, is there anything else I need to yank prior to giving
them the unit so I can use the chips to upgrade a new eMate? I have to go
tomorrow or I lose the right to get the insurance settlement. So please, I
know all of you will dash out a reply.

To Robert Benschop particularly:

I need a new eMate!!! Please do you have one I can purchase? Preferrably
new, although refurbished would be acceptable. Please contact me. If you
are not Robert and have an eMate to sell, please contact me (offlist).

Lastly:

Interesting notes. When you insure via USPS (the blue sticker) electronic
devices MUST be DOUBLE boxed to recieve a refund. There must be enough
packaging material to assure that the item is secure in it's box and that
the box is also secured in the second box. It is also beneficial to have a
plastic or those static reducing bags around computer equipment when shipped
outside of a housing. This assures timely agreement between you and the
post office. Finally, you must provide proof of value. In my case I have
the original sales slip from Apple. Therefore I will get the full value of
the item. Nice huh?

Best Regards and prayers for a speedy reply,

David Hutchison
b|indwo|f
blindwolf_at_cfl.rr.com
321/279-7554
Winter Park, FL USA
you have all been so wonderful, many sincere thanks and love are from me to
you - from the cache