Re: [NTLK] getting hiebook to support Mac and Newton! A call to arms!

From: b|indwo|f (blindwolf_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 01:33:42 EDT

Below is a message that concerns the Mac community. I know there may be
mixed feelings on this subject, but everyone who would like to see Mac and
possibly Newton support for this product should email sales_at_hiebook.com or
better yet go post to their Q&A: http://www.koreaebook.co.kr/

more info can obviously be found on this amazing product. For $249 you can
get one and they throw in a free 32MB smart card if you preorder!

b|indwo|f
ask and you shall recieve, knock and the door shall be opened unto you. For
whomever asks not recieves not.... etc - from the cache

--------- From hiEbook --------------

Dear Michael

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

We are considering seriously the development of hiebook
compatible Mac, Linux and also Unix in the long run, but
for now, we are focusing on hiebook compatible Window. We
will keep your kind comments for future reference. Wish
your continuous concern about hiebook.

Best regards
Young Seo

Best regards.

Michael Write:

>>>hiebook supports only Window for the current model, and
>>we are considering seriously the development hiebook
>>under Mac for the next model. If there is huge need for
>>Unix, we will also consider the development hiebook under
>>Unix.
>
>I don't really know if there's "huge need", I don't really know if unix
community is willing to read ;) But I do know that I do and I can't and
don't want to have dedicated windows machine for serving hiebook no matter
how exciting it is ;)

>So, I hope there will be a demand for it. Maybe it's against your company
policy, but normally it only takes release of certain specs to get linux
support for geeky hardware. Make it as open as palm is and..

--------- End From hiEbook --------------