[NTLK] Sine of the Times

From: Ermin F. Mistica (angel316_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 05:53:20 EDT

Dear Fellow Newtonians, Well, since I've received my 32 MB card, I've been
playing around with some really kewl software and my appreciation for my
Newton has increased tenxten fold...at the same time diminished only
slightly...just ever so slightly because I realize even more now than ever
what a good thing Apple had. *sigh* Alas, I am humbled by what my Newton can
do for me. I have a Kyocera QCP 6035 Palm Powered Phone and I use it for
the basics-Calling (I transfer names from Newt to Palm using BackTalk),
Games, and downloading emai from my earthlink acct on the fly (bus rides
home<=>work pass by much more quickly). However, it does NOT compare to my
MP2100. The screen is just not as responsive, the display is itsy-bitsy, and
it has just about as much personality as...a...a doornail (I'm at a lack for
words, although I could have used Lexionary or Word Sleuth/Merlin. He he he)
Anywayz Kyocera Smartphone--->useful but not fun. And since I just ordered
the SER-001 ports from David Humpreys, my MP2100 will again increase in
personal value. I just discovered CardMEDIA from Sine of the Times. I can
see so many possibilities, especially when doing research for my papers and
such for school. Being an Anthropology major and having to keep track of the
many books and articles out there...daunting job in deed. Too too too too
toobad Sine of the Times is no longer around. Which brings me to my next
question...and I know some people HAVE seen this question. What about Blue
Print? Word? Just the demo on the website. Any chance of it being free
anytime soon? It looks really really good. I have Time Manager from Stand
Along Software but how does it compare? For that matter, how does CardMEDIA
compare to other database software out there for the NOS? Any and all
comments, anecdotes, examples are welcome. I intend to use this software
fromschool, work, and personal life. What does everyone else use? Thank
youand Wear the day well, Ermin