[NTLK] "sketchpad" apps

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen_at_cowboy.net)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 08:50:35 EDT

OK, I know there are at least 2 apps that let the Newt act as a drawing
tablet, I thought they were ScratchPAd and NewtDraw but those do other
things. I found a (1.x only?) NewtTablet that might work, but the readme
doesn't talk much about using it as a "scribblepad" which is the goal
here. I don't want HWR but just ink text or free drawing. Have to play
with it and see...

My wife has a need for a little portable drawing tablet to hook to the
8600 in her lecture hall, and I see this as an opportunity to use one of
the old Newts I have kicking around (justify their existence! yes! :)
(anyone else move recently and have spouse count boxes of "computer
misc"?)

Anyway if someone remembers the name of the other one or more utils that
will do this, I'd appreciate an email. I've looked at AMUG and Unna and
searched my personal dbase of all my CD-R with all the filename
permutations that would seem to make sense but find nothing yet...

I'm not sure what Newt I will give her but likely MP120 1.3 or 2.0 (since
it's going to get carried around a lot and might get dropped, might as
well be a cheapy).

Any experience with stability or quirks of any of these apps in "real
life" would be great, too.

Brian