Re: [NTLK] Teletype GPS Software Confusion?

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 08:26:33 EDT

All,

  Actually I just spoke with Teletype GPS's Boston store and they stated
that they would not sell a copy of the Newton software as they no longer
support it. I found this odd due to the recent thread in the NUG. Thus I am
not sure, then, how one would be able to purchase a copy of the software.

  Also I was curious as to what type of GPS PCMCIA receiver might work best
with both the MP2000/2100 and the Teletype software?

  Finally since I have never seen the software, and the Teletype GPS
website states nothing about the Newton version (in fact when I searched
for Newton I only came up with some obscure links that actually would
redirect me back to the main webpage), I was wondering as to the specifics
use of the software? Does it work like the Magellan or Garmis devices that
will allow for street level directions and navigation, as well as simply
locating and plotting GPS points? How many satellites does it connect with?
What is its accuracy to? How often does it refresh. Etc..

  Any help would be appreciated.

Always,

Sam