[NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0b3

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 15:07:58 EDT

Hi Folks,

I'm pleased to announce ATA Support 1.0b3.

The goal of the new release is to help me fix two bugs I can't
reproduce with logs you could generate:
- the emate sleep bug.
- the -10059 on card insertion bug.

Besides, some bugs have been fixed since 1.0b2. And the compatibility
issue with some cards might have been fixed.

What's new?
-----------

* The software now supports 16 (1 x 16) and 8 (1 x 8) bits transfer
width for the memory mode in addition to 32 (4 x 8) bits. I think
that most incompatibility problems came from the fact that the cards
didn't support the PCMCIA controller's 32 bits mode.
* A bug in the management of installed ATA partitions was fixed. This
bug had several symptoms: -8007 when tapping the card icon in the
extras drawer and maybe the error -10059 at startup.
* The software now has a enhanced log mechanism which is kept between
restarts (to help to fix the emate sleep bug). Besides, it can be
sent by mail directly. Now, most exceptions generated by bugs in the
native code are logged as well.
* ATA Support now better guesses the size written on the card for the
card slip (the card info slip shows the real size).
* The arrow keys in the button bar now let you scroll in the list of
partitions. Additionnally, there are now arrow buttons which appear
in the card slip if there are more than 4 partitions.
* Changed the fake serial ID computed for 2.0 devices to something
more satisfying.

You can find more information and download the software from my website.
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata/

Please help me fixing bugs and improving the software by beta-testing it.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/