Re: [NTLK] NTK error under Mac OS 9.1?

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 14:58:22 EDT

Grant [Tally Light] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com) wrote:

> Ding dang it. I'm all set to craft some wonderful Newton-y things, and
> I'm getting "an unknown error" when launching NTK 1.6.4 under Mac OS 9.1.

Does you Mac have any serial ports? If not, do you have the extension for
the internal V.90 modem installed? You generally get this error on Macs
with neither serial ports nor the internal modem extension. NTK isn't
happy without some serial connection being selected in its preferences
dialog, even if AppleTalk is selected and thus the serial connection is
never used.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de