Re: [NTLK] eMate memory

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 11:46:19 EDT

> *Expandable to 16MB ROM and 16MB flash on ROM daughter card* ??
>
> So what gives ?

I've looked (so far unsuccessfully) to find a pair of compatible Flash
chips, same kind as are on the expansion card, because on the eMate's
motherboard there are solder points for two more Flash chips.

And I think the pdf file, in my opinion, is suggesting that although only
one 'size' of expansion card was ever made, that other sizes could have
been...i.e. an expansion card to boost the internal store to 8mb or more.

So, the eMate's internal store should be expandible to more than 4MB... I
*think*...

And if anyone out there knows where I can buy compatible 16Mbit flash chips
in quantities of <10 then please let me know, because I don't mind soldering
them onto my Emate just to see what happens.

-Stephanie