Re: [NTLK] WishList

From: Templarsog1_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 21:54:02 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/01 9:27:38 PM, eschneck_at_mindspring.com writes:

<< > my wishlist:
> ------------
>
> 1. WLAN compatibility (802.11b drivers)
Seems like its always just around the corner.

> 2. sync software for connectiopns over TCP/IP
Especially Web apps like Yahoo

> 3. sync software for OS X (native)
Or WinNT

> 4. ATA driver, full implementation and DOS format compatibility (paul is
> working on this one though)
>
> 5. IrDA support for mobile phones with built-in modem (see
> http://www.smartdogsw.com/)
I strongly second this one since Ricochet is gone.

My wishlist:

AvantGo Client
Vindigo client
VNC Client (I started work on one of these if anyone wants to take it over)
DopeWars (Also started work on this)
Zagats
Streaming MP3's
Audio adapter
Folding keyboard adapter
Adapter for PocketMail Backflip
Javascript support in NewtsCape
Palm emulator (already exists for Mac and Windows. Open Source)
WinCE emulator (same CPU as Newt)
A color screen (c'mon Dave) >>

My wishlist:

An app that would allow the Newton to function like a Star Trek tricorder.
Particularly the ability to perform such mundane tasks as being able to work
as a mini transporter unit and to be able to initiate a tachyon burst from
the deflector dish of the USS Enterprise and also to be able to remotely
pilot the Enterprise from the surface of a planet.
I understand that Starfleet R&D is working on this. Although I understand
Commander Data has a working prototype.

:) William

May Fortune Favor the Foolish
-James T. Kirk