Re: [NTLK] Interesting...

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 19:47:39 EDT

At 10:01 AM 8/17/01, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
>They probably wouldn't.
>
>I'm also giddy because I've got a 3COM 3CXE589DT Xjack card
>coming to
>hook up to my home network. Has anyone had any problems with this
>card, i.e. the pop out connector breaking?

No -- never. I've been using one for over a year and it works
GREAT with the Newton. I actually had more hardware problems
with the officially supported Farallon card because the D*&*%
dongle kept breaking. I think I went through 3 of those dongles
at ~$20 a pop before the light bulb went off over my head and I
bought the XJack card. I positively swear by these babies. RJ45
cables are cheap and plentiful.

-Jeremy