Re: [NTLK] PC + Ethernet Newton setup

From: Tom Spielman (tomspielman_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 14:41:17 EDT

If you wanted to use Newton Connection Utilities with your PC over
ethernet you're out of luck.

I'm not sure what other utilities may let you access your Newton data
via ethernet on a PC, but there is one gem that may not be obvious.

It's called NPDS and it lets you turn your Newton into a webserver which
can be accessed from any platform with a web browser. You can search
your contacts, schedule and notes. I used it this way at office where I
was Mac deprived. When I got to work, I just plugged my Newt into AC and
the network and I was set. I loved that software, Apple didn't realize
the potential they had in that device or maybe they just figured they
wouldn't be able to sell as many powerbooks.

This won't back up your Newton, there may be something else to do that,
I don't know.