Re: [NTLK] Pocket Quicken

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 10:49:53 EDT

on 8/17/01 7:45 AM, Mikebridg_at_aol.com at Mikebridg_at_aol.com wrote:

> I went to the Intuit site, where it can be ordered but only for delivery
> within the US. What sort of Chauvinism is this - or do they have an export
> agent? Is there any way I can Order it from the UK?

Quicken only deals with US currency, as far as I know, and with financial
standards in the US. I can't imagine it being much use for you.

In light of that, here is a hack. :-) Install Pocket Money, and also install
Hardy's Pocket Quicken to Pocket Money transfer program. It will convert
everything in PQ to PM format, which you can then export as a text file or
as a QIF file. You might want to look into Pocket Money anyway, as it
handles multiple currencies as well as exchange rates. Much better program
in my estimation.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams