Re: [NTLK] *Must Have* apps?

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 08:41:03 EDT

I use these apps/utilities. These I consider "la creme de la creme" (I
know the accents are missing). Note these are my opinions, and omission
of many other fine Newton apps does not mean they are deficient in any way.

You can see writeups of some here http://www.mrollins.com/newton.html -
I'm planning a better re-write soon.

Utilities

SAME
Standalone Menu Editor
HeapSaver
www.standalone.com
Allows you to edit ther popup punctuation panel, to have functions
beyond your wildest dreams
Heapsaver reclaims some (not a lot but every bit (chortle) helps)

---
Notes View Patch
smaller view in NotePad overview
---
TapBar
www.saryo.org/basuke/tapbar
popup menu like a Mac's Control Strip

Application

Convert 2.6.1 Clint Logan let's see how many potzebries in a hectare... --- Tibet + tibethack (note passcodes were released to Tibet) If you have a compatible digital camera, this rules. --- Corrector www.tow.com improve HWRX accuracy from 90+% to 98.3% --- MoreInfo best Names/Notes/Alarm enhancement --- NewtsCape indespensible Web browser, book creation --- SimpleMail great e-mail, send color sketches from NOtes, also compatible with Tibet for picture sending

Desktop Communication

X-Port www.landware.com ...so you wanna work with MicroSloth's version of RTF files... -- BinHexer import/export sounds, text images

Names

namesPhoto 1.11 Factory Inc. allows you to have business cards with a photo in the Names app I never forget a face, but a name... --- JSuite names view patch allows the Names app overview to have bigger text --- OBEX stack etc. Palm <-> Newt via IRDA

Promising

ATA driver Wireless LAN card driver MP3 player -- Mark Rollins, CIH, CSP mark_at_mrollins.com www.mrollins.com