Re: [NTLK] Living with Palm and Newton together...suggestions?

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 00:50:35 EDT

on 8/17/01 12:25 AM, Drew Loker at lokerd_at_hotmail.com querried:

> So, my qustions are:
>
> * What are some things I can do if I am going to use both?

most importantly, get BackTalk from Smartdog software!

> * Should I just use the Palm for uptodate client info from quick Syncs with
> our office Act database and the occasional use of company software and do
> all my scheduling and to-do list management on the Palm? (I presume you mean
Newton here) YES!

> * Or should I attempt to get used to the scheduling and contact info being
> on the Palm? Only, and I mean, only if you won't input any data into the Palm.
If it all comes from the network or synching with your desktop, then I could
live with this last option. But then I can't live without the handheld being
an active input device, thus, no Palm in my life.

As an aside, I was at a client's office today and he recognized that I was
using a newton from about twenty feet away (it even had my PDA Concepts
glove on which makes it even harder to recognize) I overheard him interrupt
himself as he spoke to his assistant "Is that a Newton he's using?" This led
to a discussion of why neither of us can use a Palm and he showed me a
WindowsCE devide by NEC that he uses when he travels because his Dell laptop
is too bulky and heavy to carry. It felt like it weighed as much as two or
three 2X00s. So then I showed him my G4 Powerbook which seems like it weighs
less than his WinCE device. He said "So you do everything on these two?" So
other than server stuff, I said, yes. I could see the wheels turning as he
held my PB and eyed my newton...

ken Whitcomb