Re: [NTLK] Nice Stuff (Pocket Reader)

From: Filmer, Paul E (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 11:09:20 EDT

I have a PReader, and I have the software for the Newt and my laptop -- but
the cable they sent with the PReader seems not to connect to the Newton :-(
so I have not been able to download scans to my Newt yet, only to the
laptop, which I then transfer to the Newt for editing on the road.

Takes a bit of practice to get good at the scanning speed, and to keep
straight lines, but I have scanned some large documents much to the
amusement of people sitting opposite me in restaurants...

Since this is almost a first generation gadget, I would wait a while before
purchasing -- I think they are getting much more sophisticated, although
this one already can capture font size/bold differences, and has settings
for scanning several different languages. But kudos to the Siemens team for
supporting the Newton...

Go see it at http://www.pocketreader.com/

Paul F.